Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Let's see what we can do about it

I am very fortunate to have worked under Lucas directly in Shell. I thank him for all the things he did us as leader, as well as a friend. I have learn a lot from him, and most of it all, is the "Let's see what we can do about it" philosophy.

He is one of the few who against all odds, look into the bright side of everything, and bring the good out of people. An idol for all people manager.

Just a couple days ago before he passed away, I had a chat with my colleague and here's the conversation:


"Wow"
"What happened"
"I'm impressed"
"On?"
"You know, I just happen to come in office, and I met Lucas on my way to my desk"
"And?"
"He actually call out my name, talk to me for a while, and ask how's everything"
"Hmm, so... what's wrong about that?"
"Well, I don’t expect him to remember me, you know the entire operation is so huge and I'm still rather new... that’s really touching..."

You caring for people and dedication for service will continue to live among us. Sometimes it is indeed the small things that counts...


Yim Chung Ren